My morning routine would not be complete without applying a bit of makeup. It sets me up for the day and makes me feel more professional while working from home. Lipstick has to be my favourite makeup product. I don’t spend ages on creating fancy makeup looks in the morning, but I tend to choose a lipstick shade I plan to wear that day and base my other makeup around it. A couple of years ago I switched over to cruelty-free makeup. More recently, I’ve also started wearing organic makeup and other beauty products too! While most of the items in my makeup bag are cruelty-free, I also have a stash of unboxed mainstream products which are not. I haven’t purchased any products that are not cruelty-free in the past couple of years, but I am still using those I already own. Going cruelty-free and more recently, transitioning to organic beauty, has been a really interesting learning curve. There are so many brands that are cruelty-free and organic and their products are simply amazing!
Last year I visited Sephora a couple of times and got to experience the whole Sephora experience! Many of these items were purchased from Sephora, but you can find them online too. Over the last year I have made a conscious effort to streamline my makeup collection by buying better and buying less. Naturally, this has resulted in buying more expensive makeup products but they’re also items which appear better suited to me. I still wear a lot of high-street makeup products, but if you fancy splashing out on something that is breathtakingly luxurious, add these items to your shopping cart! I promise you won’t regret it!
SHOP THE EDIT
- Banana powder – Once you start using banana powder, you won’t go back to normal face powder. The yellow undertone gives a flawless finish and it’s the perfect product for wear on a photo shoot.
- Pretty Vulgar mascara – The packaging of this mascara is so pretty and the mascara is so easy to apply. My lashes don’t clump with this mascara and it’s easy to build up layers gradually.
- Pretty Vulgar eyeliner – This pencil eyeliner is perfect for creating strong lines, as well as for blending into a smokey eye. It is so lovely to use and very versatile!
- Clarins Style and Contour pen for eyes, eyebrows and lips – This pen reminds me of those multicoloured pens we had as kids. Only this little beauty consists of several shades that can be worn as eyeliner, eyebrow color, or as a lip liner.
- Kat Von D Tattoo Eyeliner – I’ve always struggled with eyeliner pens but the Kat Von D range is so easy to work with!
- Kat Von D Dagger Eyeliner – this eyeliner has a slanted edge which makes it easier to apply than the standard straight nib pen. It also works well for winged liner.
- Ilamasqua highlighter – I’ve tried so many highlighters that are too heavy or have an unnatural pink undertone. This is one of those beauty blogger highlighters that gives you a natural, enviable glow.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills contour palette – if you’d like to achieve a subtle, professional looking contour then this is the palette you need. The shades are soft and blendable which makes it difficult to get contouring wrong.
- Tarte High Tides and Good Vibes eyeshadow palette – this palette is what I feel epitomises a luxury, high-end makeup palette. The packaging is captivating with the marine life case and its quite a heavy, strong palette too. Inside there are 12 striking shades of highly-pigmented glitter and matte shades.
- Eco tools face brush set – this high quality brush set is extremely affordable, vegan and cruelty-free, plus these brushes are so lovely to work with!
- Winky Lux fucshia flower lip balm – this lip balm gives the subtlest hint of pink and it makes me happy every time I see it because there is a tiny little flower inside the lipstick itself.
Do you have any recommendation? Follow me on Instagram and let me know! Should you try any of my recommended makeup products, I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
*This post contains affiliate links. For more information please read my Disclaimer*