If you ever find yourself alone and bored with nothing to do, here are 47 ways to spend time alone. Spending time alone is the perfect opportunity to get stuff done, be creative and reflect. But if you find yourself on your own, with time on your hands and nothing to do, this list of activities is sure to help you pass the time!
1. Go out for a walk
3. Try cooking a new dish
4. Read a book
5. Take a long bath
6. Write in your journal
7. Catch up on your favourite shows
8. Watch an inspiring TED talk
10. Organise your wardrobe
11. Get a massage
12. Experiment with your make-up
13. Experiment with your hair
14. Try a new exercise class
15. Visit somewhere in your town that you've never been to before
16. Watch something new on YouTube
17. Apply a face mask
18. Listen to an album you haven't heard yet
19. Go to the theatre
20. Research events to attend in your area
21. Visit a museum
22. Study a new language
23. Write a handwritten letter to a friend or relative
24. Go to a coffee shop for coffee and cake
25. Research answers to the questions you've had on your mind lately
26. Clean your home
27. Tidy your desk or work space
28. Create a musical playlist of your favourite songs
29. Tidy your email inbox
30. Tie up those loose ends that have been hanging over you
31. Update your CV/work portfolio
32. Listen to a podcast
33. Go to a networking event
34. Volunteer for a fundraiser or help your favourite charity
35. Go to the cinema
36. Create a vision board with your goals for the year
37. Browse your favourite affirmations/quotes
38. Watch a documentary
39. Start a new hobby
40. Study a form of creative lettering, such as calligraphy or brush lettering
41. Go swimming
42. Take your camera, go for a walk and capture sights and features local to you that you've never before notice's
43. Take up hand knitting
44. Plan out ideas for birthday and Christmas gifts for your friends and family so that you're well prepared.
45. Do some online shopping and treat yourself to something cute...It's ok because you're on your own and nobody will know ?
46. Turn your leftover coffee grounds into useful DIY beauty products that really work!!
47. Cut your own fringe. My DIY tutorial is quick, easy and won't leave you with an embarrassing hair cut!
And if all else fails, just treat yourself to a box of tasty, colourful macaroons like we sometimes do!