To make this vegan brownie recipe you will need:
- 1 baking tin – no larger than 10 x 8 “
- 113g coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50ml aquafaba (or the equivalent to the amount of aquafaba in 1 400g tin of chickpeas)
- 200g coconut sugar
- 30g flour
- 115g crushed walnuts (optional)
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Here is the exact recipe to make vegan Katharine Hepburn Chocolate Brownies.
- Melt the coconut oil and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and aquafaba.
- Mix the ingredient well until the chocolate mixture appears smooth and glossy.
- Add in the salt, flour and walnuts – and stir.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking tin and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes on a relatively high heat.
This recipe is so quick and simple to make and is perfect for getting a chocolate fix. As a vegan myself, I think this recipe is perfect when entertaining non-vegan friends and family because it’s an excellent example of an indulgent, hearty vegan dessert!