How to Style Leather Trousers
There’s nothing like a pair of leather look trousers to add a little stylish drama to your wardrobe! Dress them up to make a statement. Wear them with oversized knitwear to inject some much needed charm into a potentially frumpy winter outfit. Straight leg styles with a medium high waist are most flattering on all body shapes. If you are looking to try out leather look trousers but are not keen on the texture of standard styles then you could experiment with wet look leggings, PVC leggings or a more subtle form of leather look leggings. Whichever you decide to wear, these leather trouser styling tips will work well on any type of leather pants! As for shoes, I tend to wear my black leather look trousers with matching black faux leather boots, black kitten heels, Converse style trainers, black platform ankle boots or beige loafers.
How to Style Black Leather Trousers
Not everybody is as willing to experiment with (faux) leather trousers as they are with other trouser types. Statement textures such as leather and wool are different to other fabrics in the way that they need to be styled well in order for you to achieve an eye-pleasing look. Learning how to style black leather trousers (faux leather) is simple but will help to ensure that your style experiment is a fashion success rather than a faux pas! Here is a list of tips that will help you embrace black leather trousers as a casual wear fashion staple.
- Don’t wear a leather jacket with leather trousers if you want to create a more feminine look!
- If the look you are going for is edgy and compelling then a leather jacket will look great. Just make sure that you break up the double leather by wearing a plain t-shirt underneath.
- A simple vest top and a long necklace looks great with a pair of straight leg leather trousers.
- Straight leg trousers with no pockets, studs or other decorative details are generally the best style for everybody!
- Oversized shirts look great with these types of trousers.
- If wearing a plain vest top or oversized shirt, team the trousers with a pair of heels for a dressed up and more glamorous look or dress the look down with a pair of flat shoes.
- In the cooler months faux fur jackets and waistcoats can be worn over a plain long-sleeved top and will transition your outfit into a winter sensation!
- Wool jumpers and oversized knits are an excellent way to add warmth during winter months and will soften the appearance of the leather, making this style a great option for those wanting a casual, feminine look!
- A long cardigan and an oversized scarf offer another casual outfit idea for cooler temperatures.
- Style black leather trousers with a feminine fluffy sweater to create a relaxed chic appearance with a girly edge.
How to Style Leather Pants for a Night Out
There are many ways in which you can wear leather trousers for a casual look but what about a more glamorous look? You may find it easier to curate a casual outfit with your leather pants rather than attempting to invent a more dazzling look for evening wear. There are numerous ways that you can style leather pants for a night out without looking overdone or as though you are dressing in costume. Here are some of my top tips on how to style leather pants for a night out – without looking like a Grease tribute act!
- For an elegant, dressed up look that incorporates an element of cool sophistication, wear a crisp white blouse with a few subtle pieces of jewellery in gold or silver and a clean, well polished pair of black heels.
- A slogan t-shirt teamed with leather trousers (and either heels or flats) is a fantastic outfit choice that can be dressed up or down.
- A peplum hem shirt in a delicate fabric such as lace would look divine accompanied by a cross-body bag.
- A white or black white tucked in to the front of the trousers or left out. Keep the look simple and elegant by not overcomplicating the look. Wear this outfit with a tasteful pair of heels.
- A kaftan top worn with a waist belt.
- Concert t-shirts are an ideal understatedly cool way to dress your trousers, giving you comfort and the option of wearing flats or heels.
- If you want to look striking but elegantly chic at the same time then consider a blazer in any colour you choose with a patterned top (such as horizontal stripes) worn underneath.
SHOP THE EDIT