Broken nails always happen at the most inconvenient moments! You’ve probably spent a considerable amount of time growing your nails for a special occasion, only for one to break moments before the commencing of the big event! False nails are not for everybody. They are costly, damaging and often, not very practical. A few months ago, when I got a nasty tear in my index finger nail, I decided to look for solutions. Surely there was a way to fix something as simple as simple as a broken nail? Well fixing a broken nail using a tea bag is the best solution I have found and something anybody can do!
To fix any broken nail using the tea bag method, you will need:
- 1 standard tea bag
- 1 pair of scissors
- Clear nail polish
- Colour nail polish
How to Fix a Broken Nail with a Tea Bag:
- Cut the tea bag into very small squares. These should be big enough to cover the tear in your nail, but not too big that the edges extend passed your nail onto your skin.
- Carefully apply a little clear nail polish along the broken nail, especially over the tear area.
- Apply one of the little tea bag squares directly onto the nail tear so that it covers this area. If the tear is very long, you may need to apply more than one small tea bag square.
- Position the tea bag square carefully in place. Press down. Then gently apply another layer of clear nail polish over the tea bag.
- Allow to dry and then paint your nails as normal using a coloured nail polish.
I’ve used this nail fixing trick on many occasions now and it has never failed! You will have to be careful with the broken nail but it will allow you a few more days of long, perfect looking nails. Don’t forget that you can repeat this process if the tea bag falls off or gets ripped. If you’re very careful, you can use this technique continuously until the broken nail grows out.