#WorldVeganDay | Vegan Katharine Hepburn Brownie Recipe
November 1st is World Vegan Day. If you ask me, there is no better way to celebrate #WorldVeganDay and the first day of November than with an indulgent chocolate brownie recipe. Best of all, this brownie recipe is completely vegan. The recipe below is actually based upon the classic Katharine Hepburn brownie recipe, because I have found that it is one of the easiest to modify into a vegan recipe.
To make this vegan brownie recipe you will need:
- 1 baking tin – no larger than 10 x 8 “
- 113g coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 50g cocoa powder
- 50ml aquafaba (or the equivalent to the amount of aquafaba in 1 400g tin of chickpeas)
- 200g coconut sugar
- 30g flour
- 115g crushed walnuts (optional)
How to Make Vegan Chocolate Brownies
Here is the exact recipe to make vegan Katharine Hepburn Chocolate Brownies.
- Melt the coconut oil and stir in the cocoa powder.
- Remove from heat and stir in the sugar and aquafaba.
- Mix the ingredient well until the chocolate mixture appears smooth and glossy.
- Add in the salt, flour and walnuts – and stir.
- Pour the brownie mixture into the baking tin and bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes on a relatively high heat.
This recipe is so quick and simple to make and is perfect for getting a chocolate fix. As a vegan myself, I think this recipe is perfect when entertaining non-vegan friends and family because it’s an excellent example of an indulgent, hearty vegan dessert!