Audrey Hepburn (Breakfast at Tiffany’s) Inspired Look
There is no denying that this classic Audrey Hepburn Breakfast at Tiffany’s inspired look must be one of the most popular, most copied and most famous looks in film history. I recently did a similar Audrey Hepburn look but that was my adapted outfit of the day look, so this time I am going to show you my more authentic Holly Golightly look from Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
Pin for Later >>
Instead of going on about the look, I thought I would tell you some interesting facts about the film:
- Holly Golightly wears the same dresses all the way through the movie, simply changing the accessories to give each outfit a different look. Her black shift dress features through the movie at least four times.
- About nine cats were used throughout the film as the role of Cat.
- Audrey Hepburn’s salary for the film was $750,000, making her the highest paid actress per film at the time.
- Tiffany’s opened its doors on a Sunday for the first time since the 19th century so that filming could take place inside the store.
- Holly’s whistle when she hails a cab for Paul was actually dubbed in.Audrey Hepburn attempted to learn how to whistle with two fingers, but could never produce the desired sound.
- Audrey Hepburn felt that she was miscast as Holly Golightly, but it became one of her most popular roles.
- Although not visible on camera, hundreds of onlookers watched Audrey Hepburn’s window-shopping scene at the start of the film. This made her nervous and she kept making mistakes. It wasn’t until a crew member nearly got electrocuted behind the camera that she pulled herself together and finished the scene.
SHOP THE EDIT
- Lipstick – Revlon Pink in the Afternoon (<<the actual lipstick worn in the film)